The purpose of the MRMC is to help men lead healthier lives and reduce violence, particularly violence towards women. We believe that these two objectives go hand and hand. We strive to:
- Enhance men’s awareness of how being a man affects their lives including their relationship with others
- Provide safe, supportive environments were men can support and mentor each other, explore what kind of a man they want to be in the future and identify the steps to reaching that goal.
- Reflect on what our community and society needs from men and incorporate those needs into their perception of their future selves.
- Help men achieve their true potential as students, workers, partners, fathers and citizens of the world.
- Enhance men’s relationship with others, including resolving conflict non violently.
- Increase men’s comfort with seeking help from others.
In order to achieve these objectives, the MRMC:
- Provides men, coaching, mentoring, support and training through groups, workshops, and presentations to help men become the person they want to be and what our communities need from them.
- Assists health care providers, schools, colleges and universities and agencies/organizations to enhance their ability to serve men.
- Increases organizations’ understanding of how men’s issues affect their organizations and communities
- Provides training on effective strategies to work with men.
- Educates the public on men’s issues and violence prevention
- Encourages men’s involvement with violence prevention.